Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hawaii Bound

I have never been to Hawaii. Always wanted to go. So here I am at 1:10 a.m. their time and 4:10 a.m. California time writing this blog about the next installments of Mobile Pissants.

After three days of whirlwind preparation on my part-taking care of family things. Autumn and I were finally off on our great island adventure. Leaving Sacramento was easy. I now have this whole baggage thing down to a science so we get through security pretty fast.

When I checked my only bag in, we were told that our plane to Honolulu was delayed so we knew we had some extra time in San Francisco before our next flight.

So we boarded a United Express jet or shall I call it "The Can" for our 25 minutes flight to San Francisco. OK. I admit it. I am overweight but not to the point of not fitting into standard stuff like theater and airline seats but it never fails that the seat belts on those Express jets just barely fit. Go figure.I had to really struggle. It was like putting on a tight pair of jeans. Finally I managed and suffice to say it was snug fitting.



We arrive in San Fransico and find out our 7:04 p.m. flight has been delayed until 8:55 p.m. As it was only 6 p.m. we stopped and ate Sushi and rice bowls, a $45 meal-Yikes. It was good though.


 When we finally got to our gate, we found out the plane was still delayed..only this time it was set to leave at 9:10 p.m. So like all good travelers.We waited and finally boarded.

We arrived in Honolulu at 11 p.m. their time or 2 a.m. California time. Good thing we both slept on the plane.



So we go to get our one bag and were greeted by a woman who would provide our ground transportation ton our hotel. She placed leis around our necks.

Now, here I sit writing this knowing that I have to be up at 7 a.m. to continue our adventures.





3 comments:

  1. Hi, You made it! Have fun girls and take lots of pictures to share! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Great time you two !!! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should have put my name. When are you going to be home? Hope you two have a blast!!!
    Love, Kat

    ReplyDelete